Wednesday 3 November 2010

More Sound Wave Ideas =]

Well I've been scribbling away at more ideas for insects made up of sound waves. Thought I'd show you all what I've been thinking...

Dragonfly 2

This one I quite like, have already made an etching plate of it, can't wait to get it inked up and printed =]

Dragonfly Turning

I'm liking this idea of over laying the dragonfly, I'm not quite sure as of yet what I'm aiming for in this, however I like how it could represent movement. Maybe even a trail of sound. I'm also liking how it creates complex pockets of pattern and leaves some areas feeling emptier. 

Wasp

There we go, I've moved on slightly from my fixation with Dragonflies (although I'm sure I'll carry on with them also as they're pretty amazing). This ones a wasp. I like how in this one I've used heavy layering of sound waves to create darker patches and used a finer pen in the sketch to give finer details.

Give me a comment and tell me what you think... anyone!?


3 comments:

  1. Hm! What about colour? Adds mood and might give direction in ones like the turning dragonfly!Are you just sticking to the soundwave insects (which I liked) or also considering backgrounds?
    Space as well as shape?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about the soundwaves of the dragonfly moving at a bpm natural to the dragonfly (wing speed) in correlation to the movement of the dragonfly in the piece of art? To the previous comment, if colour is going to be added, it has to be correct to the music and art and the natural aspect of it. It's good though mike!

    ReplyDelete