Monday 21 March 2011

Porcelain Cups

Over the weekend I had had 3 kilns with various things on the go. One was my own with all of my cups in, one was Keith's with some glaze tests in and one way Jo's with some bisque earthenware in. Out of the glaze test one of Keith's, I got these results, of which I'm really rather happy...



The purple/red colour is a little more raspberry than in the above photo. These should fit into my exhibition well, cobining the fragility of the fine porcelain with this idea of a sea of tranquil turquoise cups being quite harshly interjected with a rich red/purple colour.


I spent until about 10pm tonight glazing all 102 cups I have made so it was one job out of the way. Tomorrow I will mix more glazes and set to work glazing the gun-metal grey pots. As for now its high time I slept!

No comments:

Post a Comment